Let me start by saying that reading this booklet was one of the most enjoyable things I have done. Yes, it brought me joy, because here was everything I wanted to know about marketing my book.
This booklet was not written to glorify the world of Indie publishing, but to give a realistic picture of what a writer needs to do to become a successfully published author.
It starts off by busting the myths about Indie publishing like the amount of money you can make or the followers you can get.
There is an extensive checklist of everything that you need to do before you hit the publish button, right from even before you start writing.
The booklet is full of practical advice which you can’t go wrong if you follow. Everything makes so much sense.
I have learnt more about social media marketing in the 30 minutes it took me to read this booklet than I have in six years of blogging.
The booklet is also a treasure trove of resources. From where to get your cover done to which groups you need to join to promote your book, it’s all there.
If you are looking at publishing your book, is definitely a must have in your learning library.
This booklet is temporarily pulled down and will be available soon. In the meantime, if you want to get a copy of the booklet, you can write to the author and ask for a copy at [email protected]
Now that you have decided to become an Indie author, here are a few tools you will need.
The Topics covered are:
1. What it takes to be an indie author
2. Why have you chosen this path?
3. Components of Indie Publishing
4. Tools needed for writing.
5. The Big Eight Brothers of Social Media
6. Facebook Marketing: Promotional not Ad.
7. Checklist for Facebook Marketing before your book is published:
8. The Other Platforms for Marketing
9. How to start a newsletter?
10. Different forms of editing.
11. The art of Cover Making
12. Formatting of Manuscript
13. Sample copyright page.
14. Contacting reviewers
15. Mind-Blowing Cover Designers’ links
16. Hashtags for Instagram Marketing and Twitter Marketing
17.100 Facebook Groups to start off with your Book Marketing
Hope this book is beneficial to the new authors out there. I, for one, learned a lot while writing and researching about it.